Saturday, April 28, 2012

catch-up, March 15, 2012


March 15, 2012, 6:26:
I survived the first travel day heading to Nauvoo! I think! My throat is so soar I can hardly swallow. I hope I’m not getting sick, but it sounds likely.
We traveled from the MTC in Provo to Laramie, Wyoming yesterday and stayed at the Best Western Motel there last night. I wanted to stop and stay in Rawlins, but I am so glad we came on to Laramie. I was impressed to talk to the girl at the front desk a little and found out she has talked to the local missionaries. She is going to college here. She committed to read from of the Book of Mormon and look into the church more and I bore testimony to her that if she read and prayed about it, she would know that it is true and it would help her in her life. After thought, I should have told her it would enrich her life. I gave her the card we got at the visitor’s center in Salt Lake. She said “wow”. She had been told the temple was beautiful, but she said again, “wow”. It had a picture of the Salt Lake temple on it. She said she still has the card the other missionaries gave her, so she could call them. I’m feeling very green. Again, I pray that someone will fan the spark I saw in her by picking up where we left off.
It’s seems so different to me. I don’t feel that far away from home and yet the guest directory for the motel doesn’t even have The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints listed in it. There are 19 other churches listed. Now I feel like “wow”.   

No comments:

Post a Comment