Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20, 2012, 6:02 am

April 20, 2012, 6:02 am:
Good morning world!
I slept all night and yet I'm so tired. I hope I can wake up.
I'm missing everyone this morning. Of course, I could be home and be missing everyone. Sometimes that happened while we were at home. I think it's like the song, O My Father.

O My Father







Lyrics
O my Father, thou that dwellest
In the high and glorious place,
When shall I regain thy presence
And again behold thy face?
In thy holy habitation,
Did my spirit once reside?
In my first primeval childhood
Was I nurtured near thy side?

For a wise and glorious purpose
Thou hast placed me here on earth
And withheld the recollection
Of my former friends and birth;
Yet ofttimes a secret something
Whispered, "You're a stranger here,"
And I felt that I had wandered
From a more exalted sphere.

I had learned to call thee Father,
Thru thy Spirit from on high,
But, until the key of knowledge
Was restored, I knew not why.
In the heav'ns are parents single?
No, the thought makes reason stare!
Truth is reason; truth eternal
Tells me I've a mother there.

When I leave this frail existence,
When I lay this mortal by,
Father, Mother, may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?
Then, at length, when I've completed
All you sent me forth to do,
With your mutual approbation
Let me come and dwell with you.

Text: Eliza R. Snow

If you want to here the song with music (it is beautiful), go to www.onlymormons.com/hymns or google search O My Father and at the bottom of the lyrics is a clickable line to it. There are probably other hymns there also. 
It doesn't help that I stayed up too late, but I had to call Shane and find out what that brilliant star in the west was. It is Venus, we decided. We enjoyed talking to Shane; and Rita earlier. 
Well, Elder Scott is off the treadmill, so I had better get down there and walk or I'll be wishing I had! Later!!!
Love you all,
Sister Scott

8:41 am:
Hi again!! Feeling a little better. Went down the basement and exercised and listened to some music. loaded some pictures from the camera to the laptop. Now to here. Taken yesterday in our backyard.

April 19, 2012, a squirrel in our backyard.

April 19, 2012, a squirrel in our backyard.

April 19, 2012, in our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment