Monday, April 9, 2012

catch up, April 7, 2012:
Elder Scott was in the Tin shop this day. He had a couple come in and invited them "As they went around to the different sites, the spirit is very strong here, so if they felt that spirit and wanted to know more to talk to a missionary and find out more." Well, in the meantime Sister Meier and I were in the Post Office and Merriweather Mercantile Store across the street. They came over to where we were and Sister Meier recognized them from the day before (E/S Meier's preparation day) over in Quincy across the Mississippi. She had invited them to come to Old Nauvoo and see the sites that are over here. They also recognized that I belonged to Elder Scott from the Tin shop and said to tell him he gave a cute little tour. He is such a cute little man they said. We gave them a tour and then proceeded to talk to them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Sister Meier was talking to the man and I to the woman. I had slipped a Book of Mormon in my pocket. It was like we had, I don't know how to describe it. We weren't whispering and we were only about 4 or 5 feet apart, but we weren't disturbing each others conversations at all, like we couldn't even hear each other's conversations. Well, she took a Book of Mormon and I marked Moroni 10:3-5 (Moroni's promise that if you read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, the Spirit will tell you it is true) with the guest card which I had already explained to her. I was prompted to bear my testimony to her and Sister Meier was over there bearing testimony to him. She said she would read the Book of Mormon. When they left, Sister Meier was on such a spiritual high, it was amazing. It's such a humbling experience to have the Holy Ghost work through me. It leaves me shaking and yet so happy. It's amazing. I'm so grateful to have these experiences.
Love you all, Sister Scott (I love being Sister Scott)

No comments:

Post a Comment