Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5, 2012, 5:41 am:
Had a good nights rest last night. Am a little tired still (pretty normal for me).
Elder Scott and I were reading in the Book of Mormon the other night. We just started reading it again. We were reading where Nephi is telling what was on the plates of brass that he and his brothers had returned to Jerusalem to get from Laban. Where he tells in 1 Nephi 5:14 14 And it came to pass that my father, Lehi, also found upon the plates of brass a genealogy of his fathers; wherefore he knew that he was a descendant of Joseph; yea, even that Joseph who was the son of Jacob, who was sold into Egypt, and who was preserved by the hand of the Lord, that he might preserve his father, Jacob, and all his household from perishing with famine.
(Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 5:14‎)‎
And 1 Nephi 6:1-4 And now I, Nephi, do not give the genealogy of my fathers in this part of my record; neither at any time shall I give it after upon these plates which I am writing; for it is given in the record which has been kept by my father; wherefore, I do not write it in this work.
2 For it sufficeth me to say that we are descendants of Joseph.
3 And it mattereth not to me that I am particular to give a full account of all the things of my father, for they cannot be written upon these plates, for I desire the room that I may write of the things of God.
4 For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.
(Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 6:1–4‎)‎
 My mind went straight to Ben Walker, the part Indian young man who took the Book of Mormon and said he would read it. Can you imagine him reading these verses, knowing he is a descendant of these people. I Thrill at the thought of it. I pray that it is happening.
Elder Scott and I are scheduled for the Nauvoo Visitor Center today 11:30 am-5:00 pm. We wear just regular missionary attire (church clothes for this). It's actually easier to get ready when we wear pioneer clothes because I don't have to decide what to wear! :)
Later!!! Love you all, Sister Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment