Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012, 7:15:
Elder Scott was assigned to the Browning Home and Gun Site Saturday and I was in the Brigham Young Home (Love it).
Yesterday we were both on call, so we were able to watch both sessions of conference. It was so great.
We are in the Lucy Mack cast. We just got the first line up for it for tonight. We go to practice in the green room from 6:30-8:15 and then we are on. Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Elder Scott is going to be a horse and I get to be one of the four sisters in front????whatever that is. I don't remember right now. It should be fun, I hope.
Times up. Better get ready.
Love you all.


April 2, 2012, 9:43:
Catch-up, Wednesday, March 28, 2012:
We were in the Carthage Jail site this day again. I told Elder Scott he could give the tours because I had given one Saturday and Sunday, and I would tag along behind.
Nineteen year old Ben Walker, I’ll never forget him. A group of about 21 students from a school in Carthage came. Their teacher had brought them and said they had already seen the tour and just wanted to see the movie. I went in the office to have lunch while they were in the movie part. Ben Walker hung back outside and didn’t come in at first. He came in after a few minutes and Elder Scott started talking to him. I came out and joined them. I picked up a book of Mormon on my way out of the office. I knew they weren’t members. I asked him if he knew about it and he said no. I asked him if he would like one to read and he said no. Then the three of us went into the waiting area and we told him about the pictures in there depicting Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove, etc. He didn’t walk away from us, so that was cool. When I told him that the Book of Mormon is a history of the people (American Indians) on the American Continent at the time of Christ and is a second witness of Jesus Christ, he perked right up and said I’m part Indian! I said cool! that it is a history of his ancestors. He took the Book of Mormon and said he is going to read it. We told him about the promise in Moroni 10:3-5 and told him if he read and prayed about it that the Spirit would let him know that it is true. What a special young man and a special experience for us. He went outside and the rest of the students came out of the movie and they left. I wish we could know the rest of the story, you know.
Well, I think I’m all caught up for now except for pictures until I think of something else.
   
Back to the 2nd, 5:30 pm:
I was in the Brigham Young Home site with Sister Gragla and she said one of the Elders said that I am the missionary of the group. I said, what does that mean? She said probably because I've had the opportunity to  get so many quest cards back and put out two Book of Mormons. I keep telling everyone, it's not me, it's the spirit touching them.
It's 86 degrees here right now. I think we might melt before this summer is over. The nights are still cooling off though, so that's nice.
Well, got to run.
Love you all.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you two are doing a wonderful job! Man, it really gets me excited about going on a mission. I've always wanted to do a church history site but figured there's not a very good chance of that. If we never get to, at least I can live it vicariously through you guys. I'm so glad that you're doing this blog---now I just need DJ to stay awake long enough to read it!! :)

    ReplyDelete