Saturday, April 28, 2012

catch-up, MTC, March 12, 2012


March 12, 2012: 5:43 am
I’m going to start with yesterday, Sunday.
We got up and decided to drive to Farr West and go to church with Rita & Wes and visit a bit. We stopped by the house and visited with Joe & Nancy for a minute. We got Elder Scott’s coats that we had forgotten. Everybody was so tied from helping move them in Saturday. They said that went good though so that’s good. It’s a big job to move. We know, we’ve been doing it for 4½ months. Plus, we had to sort what to store and what to take with us.
We then went to Wes and Rita’s ward to church. Rita gave the Relief Society lesson. It was beautiful. She is so very talented. She also asked us to give the opening and closing prayers in Sunday School. Praying in public is not my favorite thing to do, but it was OK. We then went to their home and had a bite to eat. Shane, Ali, and Mathew came down to visit us and Mathew gave us an Elder missionary bank (With money in it!!!). It’s so cute. I will put pictures of it on my blog. It costs $9.95 a day to access the internet, like I said, and we don’t want to spend our money on that. We can access it in the lobby for free, but that takes time and time here is like gold just like everywhere else. Excuses! Excuses!
Elder Scott and I were in the library in our ward at home so we didn’t get to very many (actually hardly any) Sunday school classes. I was looking at the lessons and they go right along with Preach My Gospel. Of course! The gospel is the same no matter where you teach it.
We stopped by Shanna and Matt’s and visited with them and Aaron. Kenna was asleep and Amber was downstairs but she came up & said Hi to us and gave us hugs. I missed seeing Kenna. Hope she’s all rested. They fed us pizza. It’s a good thing because we missed our dinner at the MTC. I told her they will be blessed for feeding the missionaries and she told me she figgers they will be blessed for feeding her parents. That’s true also.
I’m sure we are going to miss everyone. But like Elder Scott says, we go in faith and like our stake president, Brother Watson said, they will be back. So, enjoy your time of from us. Ha! We still have our cell phone! And email! I’m sure we will be very busy when we get to Nauvoo. But I certainly wouldn’t want to go and not do anything.
Monday: We got up and exercised this morning at 4:30 am. The days uneventful so far.
Well, I am going to eat. Seems like we do that a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment