Friday, December 28, 2012

December 28 2012

Dec. 28, 2012:
What a fun week. Every morning around 6:30/7:00 am I've seen deer in our backyard, so close to the house it's amazing. They are so beautiful. I love seeing them. I watched a buck walk right down the side of the driveway. I think it was a four our five point. I'm not sure how to count the points. The deer here are smaller than in Utah. But they are still beautiful and it's so fun to watch them. Elder Scott put some bird seed out in the bird feeder hanging from the tree out back and the deer eat from it. There's about 7 head of deer around here. I'm sure there's more but that's what hangs out in our neighborhood. My dad would have loved this place. Except he would have wanted his gun. He was a great hunter and we enjoyed deer meat when he went hunting. I posted pictures on facebook. I haven't got a picture of the buck yet but I'm hoping to. I've only seen it in our yard that one time. We've seen it around Nauvoo here and there. I guess it's the same one. Not sure though. Sister Monney said that Elder Monney is training the deer in their yard. He shakes some deer feed and they come to the edge of the brush. Then he pours it on the ground. The minute he turns to walk away, they come bounding out of the brush to eat it. Sounds fun!
There are some cardinals around also. They are so pretty. Especially against the snow background. The red is very vibrant.
I better go exercise and start to get ready. I want to go to the post office this morning and mail a package. They aren't open in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment