Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22, 2012

It's December 22, 2012, the birthday of our baby boy. I well remember bringing him home in his little carrier and placing him under the Christmas tree. Our other children said he was the best gift they could receive. They loved him as much as we did. Now having six children, what a challenge and a blessing. A challenge I'm sure I wouldn't have survived without our oldest daughter. I'm still not sure what made me think I could be a mother, but I'm grateful I am. How the years have flown by when I look back on them.
I remember thinking when I first held and looked into the eyes of our first sweet little baby girl. The thought came to me that the best thing I could do for our children would be to make them independent of us. Well, we did a number on our oldest child, but I'm so grateful that they are all independent and productive adults. They really do make us proud. Like the rest of the World, they are not perfect. Only in my eyes.  
We've had our share of disappointments and trials. Maybe not even as bad as some, but enough to humble us and help us realize they were on loan to us for a while from a loving Heavenly Father, who wants them to come back to Him so very much. He even sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to live as an example and die for us to help us return to Him. All He asks of us is to "Come unto Him", even Jesus Christ, who atoned for our sins, so we can repent and live with Them again someday. He won't force us. We have to choose to follow Him and keep His commandments. But after all we can do, His atonement will make up the difference.
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and love us. I know they sent the Holy Ghost to comfort us and to help us live our lives better. They together make up The Godhead. 
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ was taken from the Earth after He and all His apostles died. It's called the great apostasy and the dark ages followed. Then in these latter-days, the Prophet Joseph Smith restored The Church of Jesus Christ back to the earth.
What a blessing to live in these latter-days when the light and knowledge of God flows to the earth and we can partake of it just by making a few right chooses. It takes faith and a lot of work but like Bishop Gertsch said one time, "It's not a problem, it's just a process". We can do it by taking one step and one day at a time.    
But sometimes we have to turn a different direction in our lives to start going in the right direction. That's the hard part. Realizing we are going in the wrong direction and getting further and further away from where we really want to be.
I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I just pray I can be forgiven. Forever is a long time and I really want to be with my own family forever. Elder Scott and I have put the sealing power in place in the temple for this to be. Now if we can just live so it can take effect in eternity. I love Elder Scott and all of our family and just hope we can be together forever.
In The Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment