Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 22, 2012

Nov. 22, 2012:
Thanksgiving Day and I'm homesick. This is a hard time to be so far away from home and family. I love and miss them so much. But I am still grateful to be serving my Savior, Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father on a mission here in Old Nauvoo. I'm thankful we can talk to them so easily. I know it would be harder if we couldn't. I hope Cecil gets better and they all have a great day.
I can't imagine the things the Saints went through here. Like Heber C. Kimball and Brigham Young leaving on a mission with out purse or script and not knowing if they would ever see their families again because they were all so sick with the ague (malaria). Not knowing if they would live or die and yet having enough faith to go.
It's been three years since mom passed away and yet I'm missing her like it was yesterday. She is still the best of the best in my mind. I wonder if I will ever get through the mourning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment