Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 7, 2012

October 7, 2012:
Elder Scott and I were just talking (reminiscing if you will) about the other night at Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo. He noticed the lights on the 2nd and 3rd stories of the Cultural Hall were we perform were still on and they aren't supposed to be. Well, the security man was making his rounds so he asked him about it because alarms set at night automatically. Some missionaries were saying they don't come on until later and some were saying they were already on up there. So, the security man said to go turn them off and he would sit there and come turn the alarm off if it came on.  He was sitting in his vehicle in the middle of the road in front of the building. Well, we went to turn them off and it did set the alarms off.  The security man came in but it took him a few minutes because he tried to come in the doors in the back that don't open. The alarms were beeping the whole time. He was down there turning the alarm off and I was still coming down the stairs from the 3rd floor. I told him don't turn them off yet, I'm still up here. Well, he did get them off but it was a memory maker so I decided I had better write it down before I forget.
We were scheduled to serve in the Brigham Young Home today but I'm sick so we are going to watch conference.
Always playing catch-up around here. We've already missed three sessions.
8:40 pm: We watched all but the 2nd Saturday session. It wouldn't play, so we watched the Priesthood session. Oh, and I need to finish watching the women's session. Conference was so great. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment