Friday, October 5, 2012

October 5, 2012

October 5, 2012:
We went to missionary breakfast this morning at 7:00 am. They honor the missionaries who are going home by having them perform and then we all sing Farewell Nauvoo. It's a tear jerker. We come to love each other like family here so it's hard to watch them leave. But we know our time will come around so it's bitter-sweet. This is the last breakfast for the Young Sister Missionaries until next summer. They go outbound, as it's called, for six months and then come back for the last six months of their missions. If I counted right, 29 missionaries are leaving by October 14. I usually tell them to enjoy home. I told Sister Hadley to hold down the fort until we get home. She lives just south of us. Elder Young said for a while and then they will probably  be coming back here on another mission. Some of them do that. I've thought about it and I think if we come on another mission I would like to be called to some of the other Historic sites. It would be nice to get to know about them like we are Nauvoo. This is a great place to get to know though. We'll see if I'm still saying that after winter. :)
Well, I better be off to Land and Records to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment