Friday, October 19, 2012

October 18, 2012

October 18, 2012:
We were able to go to the temple yesterday after we served in our sites 10 to 4. It was wonderful. I was scheduled to serve in the Heber C. Kimball Home but Elder Jardine called and sent me to the Family Living Center. It was a nice day. Sister Heaton made a batch of bread in the morning and I made one in the afternoon. They only had 6 loaves left in the morning when we got there. There wasn't quite enough time for the second batch to cool so Sister Skidmore took them home to cool. I teased her about them never to be seen again. :) It usually makes 6 loaves and I only made 5, so two of them were bigger and when they cooked, they raised to a point, kind of, in the middle. I said they were my Egyptian bread because they looked like pyramids. It was a fun day. Elder Skidmore had to make another fire in the bustle oven to get it warm enough for the second batch of bread to bake. We told him to just make a smaller fire because the ovens were already warm, but he reminded me of Shane. :) He built a roaring fire instead. I was surprised the second batch didn't burn, at least the first loaves we put in. We cook them three at a time. We don't put the dough in bread tins, we just make round loaves. It's half wheat flour and half white flour. It's really good bread.  The recipe for the bread and the gingerbread cookies are online at historicnauvoo.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment