Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012:
What a long drive. Wore me right out. It was interesting though.
We stopped at Historic Winter Quarters, Council Bluffs, Iowa and saw where Willie's ancestor, Rebecca (Canada) Mangum is buried. That is a beautiful site to visit. There is a wonderful spirit there. We were so lost trying to find it. Had to ask three people how to get there. We were so close to it but couldn't see it. The people there are so helpful and friendly.
We stayed in Lincoln, Nebraska Friday night. That was a trick. The college kids and their parents were in town and we finally found "one" room to stay in. Next time, I will reserve motels across the country ahead of time. Oh well, live and learn.
We stayed in Laramie, Wyoming Saturday night. Had the same problem there with the room there. Luckily, we found "one"!!!
Sunday we went to a college ward in Laramie. The people were nice there too.
We headed for Rock Springs after we reserved a room there. :)
We stopped in Rawlins, Wyoming and went North to Matin's Cove and then back down to Rock Springs and stayed there Sunday night.
We got up Monday and Wes met us in Rock Springs and took a picture of the three of us to send to Rita via  
his cell phone. Then we drove to Roy.
What a wonderful surprise. Shanna and her family had a room all most ready for us. Shane met us in Farr West at the house and we brought my chest of drawers and the twin bed to Shanna's. Kenna is letting us use her queen bed while we are here. We are as comfortable as two bugs in a rug here. I hope we aren't bugging them too much. Amber started school today and Kenna starts next week. Matt and Kenna are fixing all sorts of stuff in their house that need fixed.
We have seen all of our children, but not all of the grandkids. We haven't seen Colby, nor Dane and his family yet. Hopefully, we will see them before we go back.
Dr. Baranko does not recommend surgery.
We went to church in the 1st ward Yesterday. It was nice to seen everyone here.
I am going to the dentist again tomorrow, went last week. This time he will do what ever needs done and we will be all set to go back to Nauvoo. Hopefully soon!!!!! Although, like I said, we are very comfortable here.
Geri is going to have eye surgery next Monday. We are hoping we will leave to head back that day our Tuesday. President Watson is finding out what is involved to get us back there. Hopefully, it's not too involved. It will be nice to have the week to rest up from the long drive here before we have to head back across the country. It's such a long drive. Did I already say that???
We've got the car at Greer's, being checked out. There are a few things we are concerned about.
I went shopping and bought me some more clothes. That's pretty crazy. I have plenty. But It will be nice to have a few different ones. Also bought me another pair of  Merrill's slip ons, only black this time.
I still carry a warm sweater where ever I go. Even though it's plenty warm out side, the air conditioning makes me freeze. There is all kinds of smoke in the air here also. Making my allergies act up worse. Lots of fires around.
Well, I think I'm kind of caught up. I hope so anyway.
I have more pictures to add, but they are in the camera in the car at Greer's Auto. So, later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment