Friday, June 28, 2013

Brian & David (Brian's son) Taylor letters, June 24 & 26, 2013

Inspirational week-end
Inbox
x

Brian L Taylor
Jun 24 (4 days ago)
to me

Dear Elder and Sister Scott,

            Sorry to be behind schedule with the weekly letter.  Long ago I heard the saying that the hurrier I go, the behinder I get.  That seems to be my story this past weekend.

            My live-in grandson and his wife went on a camping trip up by East Canyon Dam for four days this past week.  It surely was quiet here without all the sound effects of a one-year-old every day.  She is such a loving little tyke that I surely missed her.  The mother came home with a bad case of laryngitis.  I guess the little one senses the problem, because she is more quiet than usual.

            I am hoping that all of my correspondents were able to hear the special broadcast presented by the Church yesterday.  The participants were ideally suited for the messages they gave.  I am still feeling the wonderful spirit of that meeting, and I feel the importance of the messages that were given us.  It is thrilling to reflect upon the responsibility of us church members in helping to find opportunities for our missionaries to keep busy teaching, as well as reclaiming many of the members that we never see in church.  After the meeting I was thinking of the best way to approach an inactive neighbor living just two doors north of me, and Dave mentioned a family that has
"fallen away" in our neighborhood.  Both families are friendly, so I must pray for the best approach to warm them up to the Church.

            In reflecting back over that special meeting, I have been impressed about how each participant was ideally suited to present the message that he was assigned.  I am always "revved up" when each one speaks on any occasion.  I especially enjoy hearing President Monson relate his experiences as president of the mission in Montreal.  Then I realize that every mission president is entitled to that same brand of revelation.  I am sure that any person who has worked in or near a mission office has observed how the spirit of revelation operates there.

            A long time ago I heard the saying that we should pray every day as if everything depended upon the Lord, then we should get up off our knees and go to work as if everything depended upon US.  I get in the frame of mind that I am no longer able to get in the ring as a vigorous participant in the Lord's work.  Yet I CAN give a 92-year-old's effort each day, rather than hunting an excuse for doing nothing.

            My note to you is shorter than usual, but it still brings my love and good wishes for your having given the right answer about accepting a mission call.  


                          God bless you in your loving service.  I love you.

            Grandpa Taylor


Letter from Farr West
Inbox
x

David Taylor
Jun 26 (2 days ago)
to me
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Dear Elder and Sister Scott,
How are you doing?  I decided to write you an email, instead of phoning because the last time I called, I think you were probably working at the Visitor's Center or one of the other Church historic sites there.  I don't want to interrupt you if there might be an important meeting with investigators to the Church talking to you.  With an email, you can read it when you have a Preparation Day, or if you have a few spare minutes some other part of the day or evening.  I will give you news from home.  We took our youngest son, Danny, to the Provo MTC two weeks ago today.  The Missionary Department changed his assignment from flying on a plane to the MTC in Guatemala on Tuesday, June 11, to go to the MTC in Provo on June 12 instead.  There are so many missionaries in the world now that the Church leaders have to juggle some missionaries around to different locations to accommodate everybody.  We don't know how long he will be there; but he hopes that he will get to at least go to the MTC in Guatemala for some of his training before he gets sent to his mission field.  Now Pat and I are empty nesters, since Michael is seldom home when he gets home from work each day.  He hangs around with Rolene Taylor's nephew, Travis, a lot.  Jordan Roe is going to get married in July.  My dad is still hanging in there. 
Keep up the good work.  We'll probably see you again in a few months.
I can hardly believe how fast the time is going since you both left for your mission.  Our sons, Jeremy and Danny, will be getting new mission presidents in July.  David Jay and I are still home teaching partners and will still be together unless we get translated before you return home.  Ha! Ha!
Love,
David Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment