Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 10, 2012

July 10, 2012: 6:45 pm
Hello world. I was walking out of the Nauvoo Visitor's Center this morning and there walking in was Doris Dabb's aunt. Elder Scott and I went out to eat at the Hotel Nauvoo this afternoon. We don't have a performance tonight. We saw Doris's ant and her friend again and talked to them for a minute. The food was great. A little expensive, but not too bad.
The waitress we had started to talk to us about how she is impressed with the families that come to Nauvoo. She said she liked the apparent values that members of the church have. She lives in Keokuk, in fact, was raised there. She stood and talked to us for quite awhile. Elder Scott told her she should come to Old Nauvoo and see what goes on there and she said she and a friend were thinking about it. She told us she isn't a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. I asked her if she was interested in knowing more and she said "yes". I had a quest card in my purse that I've been carrying around forever and she filled it out. We talked a bit about the Book of Mormon; about it being a second witness of Jesus Christ and a history of the people on the American Continent at the time of Christ. She said she is a follower of Christ. Elder Scott told her if she will read it with real intent and pray about it, that she will know it's true. She said something about liking us being persistent, but not pushy. I told her she could come down to Old Nauvoo and get a Book of Mormon to read or the missionaries would bring her one when they come. She knew we give them away down here. I can't even express how I feel after these golden moments happen. It's like she just stood there and begged us to ask her if she was interested in knowing more. I quess it's like I've said before, the Holy Ghost has to hit me right over the head to get my attention. I'm glad he does some times, it feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment