Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25, 2013

Willie and I went over to the pageant last evening before it started and looked up his great nephew, Elder Cameron Parry, David's Cindy's son. We are going to meet him and his companion Monday for lunch at Keokuk where they are assigned. We haven't seen him since he was 2 years old so it was pretty cool.
Today I was serving in the Scovil Bakery. In this busy season we start the tours in back and take the guests inside when the previous tour is through. So, I'm outside and here comes three people. I knew that Elder Dallin H. Oaks is in Nauvoo but was surprised to have one of them be him. They are here having a family reunion. I love their shirts for the reunion. They have a tree on them and say "The Mighty Oaks Family". We waited for another member of their group to come and I gave the tour to Elder and Sister Oaks and two friends with them. What a humbling experience. They were so attentive and gracious that I almost stopped shaking before the tour was over (almost). I told them I was pretty nervous and asked him if I could shake his hand. They all shook hands with me. What a great thing to have happen to me. When we got set apart by our stake president for our mission, he said we would teach kings and leaders. I've given tours to a lot of leaders here, but an Apostle, one of the Quorum of the Twelve, it just seems unreal, like I may wake up at any moment from a dream. I'm grateful that I didn't freak totally out or faint or some ridiculous thing like that. They were just so real and down to earth. I pray that my mind stays good enough to remember it always. That's the first tour I've given that I was shaking for a long time. I told them I needed an extra helping of the Holy Ghost to help me through it. I'm so grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost and all the help He has given me while here.
Well, I better go pick up Willie. He's about off.

No comments:

Post a Comment